Bringing the right people together at the right time can have a lasting impact on personal growth and business development. Mentorship builds one’s knowledge and skill base, grows leadership qualities and aids in developing decision making and critical thinking skills.
LaunchIt’s mentorship program pairs established business owners to local mentors with experience to help mentees solve existing challenges in their business and identify areas for growth and refinement.
HOW IT WORKS
APPLICATION & REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrate that you have an established business (been in full time operation no less than 1 year)
- Clearly identified a sufficient market for their product or service
- Demonstrate that their business has some existing traction
- Complete Mentorship Program application
- Complete Business Assessment to provide additional details about your current challenges and goals
Commitment & Fees
- There are no fees to participate in the mentorship program as a mentee.
- Commit to 8 hours of formal mentorship over four months (e.g. 8 x 1 hour meetings)
- Check in with LaunchIt Business Development Coordinator every other week by phone, email, Zoom or text to share updates and progress.
- Complete meeting log to identify projects, tasks and other meeting updates
- Participate in quarterly networking event to connect with other mentees, mentors and business owners
Specialized business advisors will also be available to support mentees with things like legal, financial, business, social media marketing and employment issues as they arise. This service will be at a cost of $25 per hour.
Mentors have been selected based on business and subject matter expertise. All mentors have previously or currently operated business in Mapleton, Minto, or Wellington North.
Owner, Stumbled Upon & Stumbled Upon Kids Consignment Stores
Mount Forest, ON
Retired Owner/Operator, Kimbal Printing Ltd.
Business Advisor, Coach and Mentor for more than 20 years
Owner, The Pretty Penny Consignment & Gift Shop
Retired Administrative and Customer Serviec Manager, Kimbal Printing Ltd.
Human Resources Strategic Advisor and Partner
Owner, T&M Catering
Heather WatterworthOwner, Creative Worth Branding & Design Harriston, ON
President and Founder, Ag Business & Crop Inc. & Founder and Vice President of CartoCanada